Sunday, December 2, 2007

B.C.S.= B.S.

Such an exciting season comes down to a very ho-hum championship game. I think LSU is a very good team but I don't think they deserve to play in the championship game, I think that honor should have belonged to Oklahoma who just beat the team that was ranked No. 1 at the time by more than two touchdowns for the second time in the season. I'm very much in favor of a playoff system even though that will most likely never happen. I think this system is really just a bunch of crap. The decision on who gets into the Championship game is as political as it ever was no matter what kind of computer system you create for it. Could someone anyone tell me how the 2004 Auburn Tigers could go undefeated playing in the S.E.C. and be left out of the Championship while L.SU. gets into this year's game with two losses because they played a tough S.E.C. That kind of double standard makes me want to spit on the people who run college football. I believe college football should get rid of the B.C.S. and just go back to deciding the championship based on the rankings in the two polls. That way Auburn would have gotten a share of the National Championship in 2004. That system was much fairer than the B.C.S.

No comments: