Friday, November 23, 2007

It's just keeps getting better

For as long as I've been a fan of college football I've wished that there was a playoff system. It's always seemed screwy to me for a sport to pick certain teams to play for a title while leaving others out of the equation. I'm not changing my mind about that but this year in college football is different for a lot of reasons. Its fun to see the best teams get upset by the underdogs and this year that has happened more than any other year I can remember. It just happened again tonight when LSU was defeated by Arkansas 50-48 in triple overtime. It was one of the best college football games of the season and the top ranked team lost again. I love this kind of unpredictability in sports it's what makes it fun to watch. Even after all the upsets this year most of the analysts that cover the game were plugging LSU into the national title game. Some people just never learn, how long will it take for these guys to realize that any team can lose at anytime this season. That's what makes this year great, I can't wait to see what happens tomorrow.

No comments: