Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Good for C.C.

I'm really glad that C.C. Sabathia won the Cy Young. I really think he deserved it, because he was the best pitcher in the American League during the regular season and that's what the award should be about. I'm sure he would give the award back in a second if doing so would give the Indians a spot in the World Series. Of course that can't happen and I think the entire team is still reeling from that collapse against the Red Sox but this should take a little bit of the sting out of it at least it for C.C anyway. For the last few years the postseason awards have become more and more about Post Season achievements and less about what is done in the regular season. I know that the bottom line in sports is to win championships but the MVP and the Cy Young should be about what that player did during the regular season not what that player did or didn't do during the post season. We shouldn't give the awards to the best players on the Red Sox or Rockies just because they made it to the World Series. The fact that Sabathia won the award today is a sign that I'm not the only one that feels this way.

No comments: